Monday, November 17, 2008

Is she your first?

On the days I only have Peanut because the kids in school are the days I do my shopping and running around. Peanut is such a smiley and outgoing little girl, always waves and says Hi to people! Naturally, people stop to oh and ah over her. I couldn't tell you how many people ask me if she is my first. We just got back from Walmart and she was being cute with the check out lady and she asks me, "Is she your first?" This time I said, "No, she is number 4." I normally don't say that because in the past I got responses like, "YOU have 4 kids? You look too young to have that many." or my favorite "Really? You are just a baby yourself." Yeah cause that is what every mom wants to hear :) So I just stop saying she is my fourth and leave it at no she isn't my first. I was surprised that the lady today didn't say anything along those lines but that her having older siblings must be the reason she was so happy and outgoing. I really didn't have the heart to tell her my oldest was the same way 'cause that would of messed up her logic and I'm nice like that ;)

7 comments:

Kristin said...

That's always so "fun" to say...well, actually...he/she's not my first...he/she's my #... The best comment I ever got when I was shopping with my # 4, was...is that your first?...No I said, actually it's my fourth, and the lady replied...well, have another!!! You don't hear that too often;) Then, it made sense she...was an older lady with all 5 of her kids grown and out of the house. She said, having a bunch of kids was the best thing she ever did!!! She said they'll never be alone, nor would she;)

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Hey, at least they aren't asking YOU if YOU have a high schooler. THAT SUCKS. I hated that. Took all my effort to not slug that man...

HEY!! I can't find your phone number!! Call me today, ok??

KC said...

Telling me I was just a baby or that I'm too young for 4 doesn't sounds to bad to me anymore LOL.
I remember when I was 29 years old and in the hospital in labour with Sweet Pea, DH was walking up and down the hall with me trying to get things moving a little faster, and the nurse commented, to my DH about how calm I seemed to be though all of this, "normally 1st times moms are not like this"
He started LOL and told her this was our 3rd.. and her mouth hit the floor and she said "really loud, how old is she" meaning me.. I turned and LOL and said 29 and she said.. "OH my goodness I thought you were like 19 or 20"
I though YEAH RIGHT!!!! LOL but it was still nice to hear..
Then when I have all 4 of them out, I get the comments like "are they all yours" or since we have a 9 year different between the 1st and the last "do they all have the same dad" UMMMMMMMMM yes, sorry to disappoint you but Yes I have been with my hubby pushing 20 years now LOL.. but the look of "REALLY 4 KID" always crack me up.. but I have meet a few people here and there with the look of "oh you only have 4" LOL these are the people with likd 7 to 10 kids of there own LOL.

Mommy2Twinkies-Deb said...

Too funny. Well, you wouldn't believe the comments I get about the twins... Are they identical? :-) Um, no.

Kimberly said...

I have a friend who has eleven children, and she gets comments like that all the time. She has some great comebacks too though! :)

Cynthia said...

Hey, it was great to meet you today! Sorry things were so crazy, and we didn't really get a moment to chat. How was the pet show?

sarahgrace said...

Dontcha just love how assuming people are? (not)

;)