Saturday, December 02, 2006

Wild Crazy Sledding!

This morning we got up and decided that we should go sledding on the big sled hill by our house. Yesterday we got some boots for Red from a friend and they fit! After the kids came in the house yesterday after playing we realized that the snowsuit that Monkey was wearing was a little small on him. So now it is Red's and it fits pretty good...it's a little big but totally doable. Here is the little stud...

We had new snowsuits in the closet so we got them out for today. Then we bundled everyone up to the point of almost no mobility :) We had so much fun and I totally recommend taking your kids sledding! Even as young as 18 months...Red had a blast and didn't want to leave. But we had to leave because GlamorGirl got kicked in the head and had a big knot on her head. It was a complete accident and the man felt really bad but we had already been there for over an hour so it was time. When we got home we assessed the kids clothing for warmth and noticed that Red needs some better gloves/mittens his hands were cold, his feet warm hands not so much. Everyone else's hands and feet were warm and toasty...even mine! I hate being cold. J told me before we left that I had too many layers on and that I was going to get too hot. I told him I would rather be hot then cold. I had two pairs of socks, sweat pants, leg warmers, a pair of my wind breaker pants, on top of that a pair of J's wind breakers(so that I didn't get wet), a cami, long sleeve t-shirt, short sleeve t-shirt, my coat, two pairs of gloves, ear wrap and a hat on top of them and my boots. I was very warmly dressed and loved it. It made my sledding experience way better then when I was a kid and was freezing. At least I know how to dress my kids so they have a great winter experience. Here is GG's head.

On a side note: We had a wonderful time at the wedding last night, we actually got home in the AM! We knew almost everyone there because it was a church wedding! I would say maybe out of the 200 guests we knew 125-150 of them. And our table was fun too!

Here are some pictures I took of the kids playing in the snow yesterday with some of our neighborhood kids. They made a snowman! I took the pictures through the window so there are a few drops of snow on the outside of the window. I know lazy...I should of bundled up and went outside to take them but I didn't want to leave Red in the house by himself or take him out with me.




No comments: