Friday, December 01, 2006

God is in CONTROL...

I know this but I need to be reminded of it sometimes. And this was one of those times. J and I are going to a wedding tonight (Lord willing) our normal sitter does stats for the basketball team which was scheduled to have a tournament this weekend starting tonight. So I asked another friend on Tuesday if she could watch the kids and she told me last night she didn't think she would be able to because of other things she had going on this weekend. So I called a few more people and since it was short notice everyone of them had plans. I was really worried/nervous about it last night before I went to bed. We responded to come to the wedding and they have already paid for us to be there. I feel real chumpy ditching so I really want to find a sitter. This morning we woke up and school was canceled so I was excited because I thought if school is canceled so is the game tonight. We got a message from the school saying that the game was still on for tonight. I was bummed. J looked at me and said, "Don't worry God is in control and if we are suppose to go to the wedding tonight we will get there." Not even two seconds later the phone rang and it was the school again and they canceled the game for tonight. Now I just have to call our sitter and she if she can still come over tonight, but the chances are good because the game she had to work is canceled.

The kids are outside playing in the snow while J plows our driveway and our 76 year old neighbors. He piles our snow on the side of the driveway that is next to our neighbors then he piles their snow towards our driveway making a huge pile of snow which he can make small sledding hills for the kids. The kids are having a blast and Red is watching them out the window. I feel bad he can't go but I don't have stuff small enough for him, don't feel it would be a good investment since he would only play for a few minutes. He will get to play in the snow next year.

GlamorGirl right before she went outside!

Monkey right before he played in the snow :)

Having fun in the snow!

I love having snow days...

Red watching from inside the warm house!!! He soo wanted to be outside.

No comments: