Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Memories

This Christmas will forever be remembered as the Christmas that mommy burnt her wrist and foot in one foul swoop, while making dinner. I'm not quite sure how it happened but the pot of hot water slipped off the stove and onto me. I began yelling and stripping the wet hot clothes off of me. J came running to my aid and all the motherly instinct in me yelled, "I'm FINE, Don't let the kids go in the hot water!" It hurts to type so I don't know how much I will be able to write about...I'll probably take a break and come back.

Ok, I took a break and I am going to one hand type now. This morning the kids got up around 8am and didn't ask to watch tv like last year! They came and woke me up because J was already awake he couldn't sleep from excitement. We opened our stockings and then made breakfast. We read Luke chapter 2 in the Bible, it is the story of Jesus' birth. Then we opened the rest of the presents. GlamorGirl and Monkey loved their gifts and they tore through them in a matter of 10 minutes. Red on the other hand was not wanting to open presents but rather play with the one he just opened especially if it was a book. He would take it turn himself around and plop down in my lap. I had to keep him motivated or we would never of gotten done. After the kids opened their presents J and I opened ours while they played. J did a fantastic job this year in the gift department. I got a Chris Tomlin CD, matching gloves, hat, scarf, and ear warmer, an Anne Geddes calendar, a circle brush (the only gift I asked for), a white shirt to layer my clothes with, and 5 new pairs of pants...and they all fit!!! It was cute the way he did it too because on each present there was a little saying like for the calendar it said, "It's the most wonderful time of the year." The matching hat and gloves set said, "Baby it's cold outside." And to make it even better is that most of the says were inside jokes between the two of us so thoughtful and sweet.

The kids gifts were pretty boring this year, from us anyways. Mostly summer clothes and a few toys. Their main gift was a little tikes picnic table that seats 8 kids. They are never hurting for gifts at Christmas...thanks to grandmas, grandpas, aunts and uncles!

To finish the day off after dinner we sang Happy Birthday to Jesus and ate the cake we made last night. We had a really fun day playing with the kids and their new toys and games.

No comments: