Friday, October 26, 2007

Siblings

Red loves Peanut sometimes a little too much. He gives her kisses ALL. THE. TIME. To the point where she has a wet spot on her head all day long. He has to know where she is and what she is doing all day long as well. It is very cute that he loves her so much but at times it can get a bit much. The other day I was nursing her and he came over and kissed her head like normal and then kissed my boob. He looks up at me with a goofy smile and says, "I kissed your nurse." He also likes to tickle her when she is laying on the ground. She has smiled at him a couple of times when he has done this, which is so sweet. Then there is the other side of it where he says things, for example, when she came home from the hospital and we changed her diaper. He saw the left over umbilical cord still on her and says, "I don't like her belly button, mommy." He also doesn't like when she cries in the van. He gets really nervous like and says, "It's ok baby. It's ok." We had to explain to him she doesn't like being in the carseat but that she is ok. I can't wait to see how their relationship blossoms over the next few months!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute! He is probably going to be a very protective BIG Brother!

With all the hugs and kisses my stomach is getting, then I am betting Baby won't be much different!

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Oy, we have that with Evan and Corinne - STILL. 2 years later. It has gotten to the point that she holds her hand out and yells "Gimmmeee SPACE, Evie!!!"

Anonymous said...

How sweet! It's nice that he is adjusting so well to her.

Anonymous said...

My kids pretty much ignore the baby here. They do give him kisses occasionally, but leave him alone most of the time. I think when he's older, him and theBeast will be buddies...but right now she's not too interested, unless he's on my pillow, then she gets jealous! haha

WML said...

I remember those days, and what I wouldn't do for just one of them! My kids have been at each others throats for a couple of weeks now, and I am so tired of it...