Sunday, March 14, 2010

My Adventure in watching 8 kids!

Yesterday we the day we moved all our stuff to storage. I know you are probably thinking but I thought you said you don't have anything. Well we don't but we do. Let me put it this way. We rented a 10 x 10 unit and that was all we needed for everything. We don't have much. The only big things we have are 4 dressers. Anyways, J needed help with 2 of the dressers because they are HEAVY. His friend Jason said he could help the only problem was his wife was at church working and he had the kids. He has 4 their ages are 3, 2 and 8 month old twins. We actually planned the day pretty perfectly. We got to his house as he put all his kids down for a nap and then I laid my two youngest down. One of the twins woke up so I had 3 kids awake. Then she went down for a nap when the 3 yr old woke up. I got there at 2pm and I only had 3 kids up until 4pm and then the others slowly started waking up one at a time. Kristy got home from church at about 5pm so the day was a pretty easy day. The men weren't going to get done until 6ish so we made the kids some food and then ordered Chinese for the adults. The kids played and watched a movie and we got home at 9pm which was really going to be 10pm because of the time change. It really wasn't that big of an adventure because when the babies were awake GG was all over helping with them. She is such a great help I can't say that enough about her. Even Monkey is learning how to help in different ways then her!

4 comments:

Kat said...

Whew! What a day! Sounds like you had your hands full. :)

sarahgrace said...

Thanks goodness for naps, no?!

Diva's Thoughts said...

Sounds like a very busy day but it went by smoothly.

Cynthia said...

OK...I'm exhausted:O