Saturday, March 13, 2010

White Chicken Chili

Today I have spent the morning making 2 batches of White Chicken Chili for the freezer. I have used all my frozen meals I made over Christmas break and I need to start replenishing them so today I did two. Next weekend will be too busy but maybe Wednesday I will have a chance to make a few more. Anyways, I cooked the chicken and taken it off the bone. I am making some chicken broth to freeze as well. It is so much cheaper this way then buying it from the store! I use it in my asparagus soup as well as the broccoli soup. I wanted to leave you with this recipe for the White Chicken Chili. This is the first time I am making it but my friend made it a few weeks ago and it was YUMMY! This is my version because I shouldn’t eat everything she put in hers.

1 lb Skinless chicken breast ( I used the whole chicken so it isn’t ALL white meat)
1 medium onion, chopped
1 1/4 tsp garlic
1 T oil
1 can chicken broth (I used homemade)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp pepper
14 tsp cayenne pepper
8 oz sour cream
4 oz heavy whipping cream
Saute chicken, onion and garlic in oil. Drain. Add other ingredients except the creams. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and add creams. I took out 2 cans great northern beans (can’t have) and 2 cans of chopped green chilis (she didn’t use them and it was spicy enough!)

This afternoon the kids and I are going over to a friend's house who has 4 kids (the wife is at church) and I will be watching all 8 so the husband can help J move my dresser and his the only two big things we own.

1 comment:

sarahgrace said...

This sounds really yummy! I may just have to try it this week. :-)