Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Mini Vacay...

Jeff went to a career fair at the college we both attended a few years ago ;) Since we still have friends down in that area we decided to all go with him. The kids were super excited to get to miss a few days of school. We stayed out our friends Ted and Joanna's house for the first night (Sunday night) and the second night we stayed in a hotel minus Red he spend the night again at our friends house. Ted and Jo have two boys one in 1st grade like Red and the other is 13 days younger than Peanut. We had a great time just being able to hang out with them. On Sunday when we got into town the first thing we did was eat at ISS (International Sandwich Shop), um I lived on that place when I was pregnant with GG. Then we headed over to Ted and Jo's. The kids played outside because the weather was fairly nice out. They got to take rides on the gator type of a thing which they loved. That night was hilarious trying to get the kids to fall asleep. I think it was like 10something before they were all sleeping. The next day we were going to see if our two youngest could go to school with their kids but their 4yo woke with a fever so it was a doctor's appointment for him instead. Jeff went golfing and we hung out at the house until it was time to get him. We dropped Jo and Jake at the doctor's office and picked Jeff up and then went back to the doctor's office to see the midwife who delivered GG and Monkey. I like to stop in and see her when we are in town. After that we went to check into the hotel and then went to Wally world to get stuff for lunch and birthday presents for this weekend. We have 3 parties to attend!!! Jo and I wanted to see Footloose so we drove by the movie theater to see the playing times, the first show time was at 1:15 and it was 12:55. We noticed that Dolphin Tail was playing too at the same time. Jeff decided he would take all 5 of the kids to see that while Jo and I went to see Footloose! It was a really cute movie but now I'm really curious to see the original again just to compare the two movies. I have seen the first one but it has been a long time and I don't remember a whole lot about it. After the movie we went back to their house and played Just Dance Now on the Wii. I have to say I really like that game. It was so much fun plus I was really good at it, which helps liking it ;) Then we went to Rocky's for dinner. I love that place. The mozzarella sticks are the best I've ever had. As we were walking out a guy Jeff, Jo and Ted worked with and I had a class with walked in. He was in town for the very same thing as Jeff and the next day their booths were very close to each others. After dinner Red went back with them for the night and we went to the hotel. It actually worked out great having one less kid because everyone fit in the bed! Jeff was able to get a ride to the career fair with his co-worker so that the kids and I could relax that morning. After we ate breakfast we went swimming. And at this point I saved Peanut's life. She was hanging on to the side of the pool moving down toward the deeper end. On her third of forth time down her hands slipped off the side and under she went. I had a hard time grabbing her because she was flapping her arms trying to get to the top. I did get her out very quickly but as it was happening it felt like an eternity. Her eyes were open under the water and you could she the terror in her face. As soon as I pulled her out I just held her so tight. That had to be one of the scariest mommy moments of my life. I have no idea what I would do without my little side kick. The kids swam maybe 10 minutes longer than we went back to the room to get showers. The only bad part was that we got out of the pool before Red came back which meant he didn't get to go swimming. He wasn't very happy about that. Once we checked out we went to the Old Dairy for lunch and then headed over to the Union to see Jeff. We got a pretty close meter spot and score it had 1hr and 10 minutes on it!!! I planned it so that the fair was almost over when we got there so the kids walked around and got some goodies right before it ended. Then we went to the bookstore and bought some stuff. We do that every time we come to town. Oh and get a load of this, I brought my camera so I could take pictures of the kids playing and what not but I never brought the camera out! The last day we were there we met Ted and Jo at Pizza Hut and got a quick picture but one without Jeff or Grant (their 1st grader). At least I got one picture though. That little mini vacay has thrown off my calendar though. I kept thinking today was Monday!   

2 comments:

Kat said...

That sounds like the perfect vacation! Minus the mishap in the pool of course. How scary! We had something similar happen this summer when Grace fell in the lake off of the pier. Todd of course was right next to her and she was only in the water for about 2 seconds, but he recalls the terror in her eyes too. We were all pretty shaken up about it. So scary. Glad all turned out well and your vacation resumed with fun! :)

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

I love mini vacations. Glad you guys had such a good time!

Water is pretty freaky, isn't it? Glad everything is ok with PEanut...