Tuesday, October 11, 2011

So NOT a dog person....

I think I like the idea of a dog and not actually the owning a dog part. This has been very good for us (Jeff and I) to see how much work goes into taking care of a dog. I was about to lose it this morning. Before Jeff left for work he let the dog in the backyard with the kids. When it was time to get the kids in the van and to school the dog would NOT come so I could put her on a leash. Then she escaped the backyard when I went to go get her a treat to help get her to put the leash on. UGH I was so annoyed at this point. We were already late getting the kids to school and now the dog was running through the neighborhood. After 20 minutes GG was able to grab her and we could get going. The kids got to school 4 minutes before the bell rang. I really hope they were able to get to where they needed to be in that time. After we dropped the kids off Peanut and I headed over to a friends house to play. Our floors get refinished yesterday and the house kinda stinks so I wanted to get some fresh air. Since Maggie (the dog) is going to be in her crate most of the day tomorrow I thought I should bring her with today. But she didn't eat her breakfast so I brought it with. Such a bad idea, first thing Red does when he gets in the van is spill her food all over the place and it even got in my purse, so gross. Then as I was driving Maggie steps in her food and then jumps on my lap while I'm driving because Peanut wasn't doing her job at holding her tight. So I got dog food all over my pants. We get to our friends house and go to the park but Maggie decided she didn't want to be leashed so she chewed through her leash. Yeah thinking there will be NO dog in our near future. At this point Friday can't come soon enough. But I must say that the kids are LOVING her which just makes it that much harder on me. I just hope the next few days are better and no more escaping :) I let her outside to play unleashed as soon as we got home and the first thing she did was run to the gate to try and escape but I put things against the fence on both sides and she gave up pretty quickly trying to escape and I hope she has completely given up! I hope to get some pictures with her but I just haven't had much time...

2 comments:

Kristin said...

The dog's really giving you a "run"!!! I could just picture you chasing Maggie!;) They're lots of work, kinda like having another kid!

Tonya said...

I was sure running this morning that is for sure!