Sunday, January 30, 2005

The weekend is almost over, so sad. This morning we got up and went to church. I was suppose to work the nursery but there were only two kids so I got to go to my Sunday school class, which I really wanted to be at anyway! So that worked out good. Then after church the kids and I went over to my in-laws for lunch. She always makes the best food. I forgot to mention yesterday when I updated because I was so distraught over GG getting her shots. But I took the kids to this store called the Teacher's Schoolbox. It is the most amazing store. I wanted to buy so much stuff!!! I ended up purchasing a pencil sharpener, writing paper for GG to practice her name (she can write it now she needs to prefect it!), job charts for the kids (I'll explain more about them later), playdough toys and rollers. There was so much more I wanted though. They had a finger painting section with tons of art supplies, bingo but with shapes, colors, numbers, and letters, paraquer blocks and sheets (I really wanted those) and much more I couldn't even write it all. About the job charts...I have been making them by hand then at this store I find them already done and are exactly what I want! They are for all 7 days of the week. There are 4 catergories; My Room, My School, My Family, Myself. Under each category there are chores for instead under the Room there are: I put my things away, I put my dirty clothes in the laundry, I made my bed and then a blank space so you can add one of your own. At the bottom of the chart is a line that the kids get to choose the reward or amount of money (we are doing the rewards) they want to earn for doing their chores that week. Monkey choose a movie and GG choose going to the library. I really hope they do well this week so we can do the fun things!!! They are both excited about the new charts (mine weren't so fun and pretty!!!!) I think the bottom is so cool because they get to pick it out before I was the one choosing the reward. They liked my rewards but now they have to work hard to get exactly what they asked for. Also yesterday they had firsts, GG learned how to tie her shoes in about 10 minutes (she is so on top of it) and Monkey last night before bed took off the diaper I had just put on him and told me he didn't want to wear it to bed. I really don't blame him he hasn't peed in his diaper since he has been potty trained 7 months ago. J just wants him to wear the diaper at night just in case. So last night he took them off and we put underwear back on him and he was fine, which isn't really a surprise. I am glad cause I hated putting the diapers on him every night now we just have to put his pj's on and we are done. So much easier :)

No comments: