Tuesday, February 01, 2005

So yesterday as I was leaving to go home GG's teacher pulled me aside along with GG. I then witnessed GG reading words!!! The teacher said that she had started with two of the older kids in the class (ones that turned 4 in Sept) and GG said that she wanted to try so Mrs. Sherry let her and she was amazed that she could do it. She is just so bright! I can't believe my baby has started reading. I am so excited because that was a bad subject for me and I really want her to be confident in her reading abilities and it looks like she is off to a great start. I just love this school so much because they are able to work individually with each child so she is never held back on learning. GG loves school too, it is just the greatest feeling in the world to see her excel at learning. Another thing I love about GG's teacher especially is that she never blows smoke up my butt, what I mean about that is she never exaggerates about her abilities and behavior in class. GG's dance teacher is the opposite...she tells me that she is the best dancer in her class and the best listener in class, which she is good at both but then I see and hear her turn around and tell other parents whose kids don't listen at all in the class the same thing. Mrs. Sherry tells me when their are issues with her for instead she wasn't keeping her dress down at school. Then I can address them and we can work together to fix the inappropriate behavior, which is so important to have the teacher supporting you on fixing it! The teacher that I work under likes to blow smoke and the parents get frustrated because the kids aren't doing, knowing or acting like she says they are/should be. When parents come to me it puts me in a very bad situation, because I'm not going to blow smoke...parents know how their kids act and behave at least most do. I don't really think I should lie to them, especially when the parent asks did they listen or interrupt or fight with anyone? I will end with saying I don't like having hot air or smoke blown at me so I will not do it to someone else. Sorry for the vent I just can't take it anymore. ***Parents beware of teachers/people that blow smoke at you.***

No comments: