Sunday, February 20, 2005

Ok so this is a run down of our weekend! J took Saturday off so that he could go to the Auto Show with a friend. The kids and I were going to get together with his wife but their phone got knocked off the hook so I couldn't get a hold of her. The kids and I didn't let that get us down...we went to McDonalds for lunch and to play. It is always a nice thing to get out of the house in the winter and I don't have to make lunch. It is a win/win situation:) The kids did a great job again this week with all of their jobs/responsibilities so their treat was to go to Toys R Us and pick out one toy. I wasn't really sure how that was going to work since every time we go in there they want every toy!!! But it went surprisingly well, I just explained to them that we were going to walk around the girl section first and then the boys. I told GG I wanted her to see all the toys before she chose one. We walked through the kitchen stuff, my little ponies, strawberry shortcake, polly pockets, baby dolls and accessories, barbies, and then the dress up stuff. She actually waited until we were completely done to say she wanted to go back to the polly pocket section. They had many items to choose from so I helped her out and picked out 4 for her to pick from. Otherwise we would of been there all day:) She didn't object and picked one that had a boy and girl with a car, clothes, shoes, skateboards, and helmets. While she was looking at the polly pockets she was having a hard time deciding if that was really what she wanted. She was thinking about maybe getting a prince barbie doll for her princesses, but ended up with a polly pocket. She came home and spent over an hour playing with them. That is actually what she is doing right now! I am glad she decided on the polly. Then we went to the boys section and walked around. I found a dress up police officer kit and firefighter kit, they were really cute. I held on to the police one while we walked around some more. Monkey really liked the isle of Home Depot tools. They were really cool. I found a tool box with tools in it that I thought he could play with when J fixed things around the house. After looking over all the boy toys I gave Monkey the choice of the police officer kit or the tool box. He choose the police officer kit! It came with sunglasses from the 80's, a vest, badge, binoculars, handcuffs, keys, a watch, fake tickets, a cell phone, and a megaphone. He really likes his toy too and I can't tell you how many times I have been "under arrest" since we have gotten home from that store!!! So needless to say the kids and I had a great time just walking around that store and spending time together. I also started a mental list of Christmas presents...hehe ;) Oh yeah they weren't in the cart while we walked around and they did great. I wanted them to be able to pick the toys up and really look at them. After about 2 hours (which only seemed like 20 minutes) of being in that store we came home. I can't wait to go back to Toys R Us either, so I bet the kids want to go back soon too. I told J this Easter they will be getting a toy in their baskets and no candy, this means another trip to Toys R Us for me. Since Valentine's day I have realized that they eat way too much candy so I am going to be cutting their sugar down majorly. This is partly my fault since I have a serious sweet tooth. It probably has something to do with the fact I was born on Halloween?!?! Anyways, when we got home J was back and we made plans with Jason and Kristy as well as Chett and Megan to go out for dinner. We went to my favorite place Jimmy's, yummy! Then we all came back to our house. GG showed off her new toy and then played in her room before bed. Now you have to know GG to know she really likes this toy, because we have company over and she isn't entertaining them she is in her room playing with her polly pockets! Then she went to bed and Monkey watched a movie while we adults played Black Jack. I have never played before and it was really fun. Jason had gotten a poker table for Christmas with cards and chips. So he passed out chips and we pretend played for pretend money. Jason was the dealer, it was like we were in Las Vegas. We played for 3 hours!!! It was a great time and Monkey went to bed before everyone left. He must of been tired because he usually can't fall asleep without one of us with him but he did last night! So that was our Saturday.

So far today we went to Sunday School and Church. Went to my in-laws for lunch and then came home. J is working a hire back, which means they asked him to work on his day off. I told him to take it because he is off Monday and Tuesday so we will still get to see him plenty. I think this is the longest post I have written in awhile!

No comments: