Thursday, February 24, 2005

One thing I have learned about being a parent. Well there are many actually but the most surprising one is how they stretch you mentally! Have you ever gotten into a conversation with a 4 year old about what the word praise means, in reference to a song about praising God? I know what it means but sometimes the easy words are harder to explain. We made it through that one but it seems like it is never ending. I think she is the only 4 year old that knows what guarantee means! Her questions aren't just one either, you answer the first and she has another one about your answer. I love that she is seeking information but sometimes it is just so draining on me I have to send her to J! One thing for sure is she has a deep desire to know more about God and Jesus. I can't tell you how many conversations we have had about him dying on the cross and rising from the dead. She wants to know how he got out of the grave? Because there was a huge stone covering it. She wants to know why her fish can't rise from the dead? And so on. Monkey has started to become a handful in this department of questions. His are easy right now though. I am just waiting for him to ask "where babies come from?" GG knows the answer to that from watching a baby story with me but Monkey doesn't really sit and watch that show. Speaking of babies I am really excited about this child birthing class I am going to be taking with J and the kids. We are going to practice what it will be like in the delivery room for the kids sake and they all are going to do body art on my belly and make a sculpture for the baby. I will be learning pain cooping techniques so that is new. Right now GG is on Becky's laptop typing names on it. She did her first, middle and last name, Monkey's name, Becky's name and Polly! She wanted to know how to spell Polly earlier and she remembers it. She was taking pictures on Becky's digital camera before that. She loves technology. Well I am going to get a snack we are having a late dinner because Roberta is making it for us.

No comments: