Friday, November 24, 2006

The Day after Thanksgiving...

It is one of my favorite and least favorite. I'll explain but first I would like to say we had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I'd also like to take a minute to tell everyone what I am thankful for...

1. How much God loves me and cares about me and how he has shown me this in the last few months. I have been learning so many things about exactly who God is and his Grace and Love, it is truly amazing. I know that I didn't do anything to deserve it but he gave us the gift of salvation through his son Jesus, who died on the cross for ALL of our sins. What a GIFT that is. There is so much more I could write but I'll leave it at that for now. If you want to know more just ask. I love talking about God and what the Bible says.

2. My family. I love them so much. They are truly blessings from God. My husband is a great dad and leader in our home. My kids are a joy even in their trying times. I am just so thankful for them being in my life.

3. My friends. They have been there for me when I needed them. I just feel so completely blessed. Need I say more?!

Now back to why I love today...it is the day we put out the Christmas decorations and put up the Christmas tree. We play Christmas music and I just love the feeling of togetherness when we work together as a family. Then we played some games which is becoming a tradition after putting up the tree. Even though we play games all the time anyway!

My least favorite part...you can't leave the house because it is crazy busy everywhere you go. I set up a playdate for the kids today at a playplace at the Mall. This Mall wasn't too bad actually but it was still pretty busy. Traffic is horrible though. We had a great time playing with our friends and it was nice for the kids especially since they haven't been in school for a week now. They were needing some friend time! That is all I have to say so I'll leave you with some pictures of today and decorating the tree.







No comments: