Sunday, July 22, 2007

Happy Birthday Monkey!

Five years ago today I was holding my little boy for the first time. I was so happy and I was already in love with that sweet little man. I wanted to write his birth story but instead I think I want to write about all the fun we had today with him. I am hoping to have each of the kids birth stories on my side bar in the future but today is not the day. I just can't believe he is a whole hand now! Time really does fly and I have enjoyed these 5 years so much.

As for today we started the morning out with Monkey waking up and coming into our room with the biggest smile on his face asking if today was his birthday. I think the streamers, balloons and cards hanging on his door were a big indicator :) (I just have to say that my sweet GlamorGirl helped me decorate his door and she loved it) He crawled into bed with daddy and me and opened his cards. Then we got ready for church and made a quick stop at Dunkin Donuts so Monkey could bring them to Sunday School to celebrate his day. After J played a few songs in Children's Church we got the kids and headed out for the big birthday lunch of Monkey's choice. So we went to Wendy's for lunch. Red was so excited when we got there he said, "We see Peter Pan?" It was funny.

This afternoon J had to work but Amy came over and we took the kids to an open field and they flew their kites for the first time this year. Monkey and GG did great getting the kites to fly. Red had a little trouble but did pretty well for his first time ever and with no help! Then we came home for drinks and dinner. While I made dinner Amy traced the kids bodies and then they got to paint, color, glue, glitter and use whatever other art supplies they wanted to decorate themselves. Very cute finished products...I might have to take pictures and share ;) Oh and somewhere in there I told GG and Monkey about the night he was born. I went into labor on the 21st but he was born at 12:05am on the 22nd!

"Thank you Lord for giving us this precious little boy to raise. I pray that we can teach him Your ways and to walk in Your truth all the days of his life. Amen"

1 comment:

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Happy birthday to your big boy!