Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Could anything else go wrong?

We've been having some really nice weather and last night it was really warm in the house. Before we went to bed we turned on the ceiling fan. In the middle of the night I woke up feeling warm and the fan wasn't running. My first thought was that J had turned it off then I heard a buzzing sound and realized that it stopped working. Great another expense.

Then this morning as we were getting ready for school. The fuse in the kitchen blew. Not helping my desire to move. I really love the location we live but the house notsomuch, it works and I WILL make it work for at least 3 more years, but that is all I'm going to say about that.

Then tonight as the kids were taking showers the drain wasn't draining fast enough and the tub was filling up. J had a meeting tonight so he wasn't able to fix it before he left. I really hope that he can fix it because we really don't need another thing needing money especially this time of year.

On the happy side of today, when I pulled out my pants for the day I had $11 washed dollars in my pocket! Score :) And I did get to spend the day with one of my friends and her little boy who is Red's age. We hung out at our house and then took the kids to Chuck E Cheese. And that is my day.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love finding cash that I forgot I had :)

The View of You said...

Jeff cant fix it.

Mommy2Twinkies-Deb said...

Argh! I hate when things keep going wrong!!! Think positive thoughts... it's better than hating where you live but loving your house, right? :-)

mikeanddebbie said...

Well, I hope there's no more things going wrong to add to your list! Hopefully the drain is an easy fix! Hooray for the 11 dollars!

Anonymous said...

try the plumber's draino. most likely it's clogged hair in the drain. i feel you though on the expenses. Grrrrr.

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Every fall I find money in my winter coat pockets. EVERY. FALL. I love it.

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Every fall I find money in my winter coat pockets. EVERY. FALL. I love it.

Kat said...

I LOVE finding spare cash! Yay!

Hope your hubby can fix up the oopsies in the house! :)

Kristin said...

What? J can't fix it? Total bummer! Well, someone will...hopefully soon! It's never a cool thing when unexpected expenses arise:( It'll work out! It was fun hanging with you and the kiddos yesterday:) Hope nothing else needs repairing for a while!

sarahgrace said...

I hate it when you think... "Oh...maybe we'll have a little extra money this month to put towards something fun"...and then something goes and breaks, and there goes your fun! Grrrrr. (sticks out bottom lip) Hope it gets better!