Sunday, October 05, 2008

Weekend Recap

Saturday: We went to Barnes and Noble because Curious George was there reading to the kids. I got a few Christmas presents while I was there as well. I really need to get on the shopping thing! Then I came home with the kids to get naps in. J worked the Barnes and Noble thing it was a fundraiser/promotion thing they were doing there that J was helping with. He got home around 5pm and we ate dinner and then one of our sitters came over and we went to see the movie Fireproof. Let me just say that was the best 18.50 I have spent to see a movie. The last time we went to an adult movie we had our heads turned for most of it because of the nakedness. We would of walked out and asked for our money back but we had gone with another couple and felt kind of trapped in that horrible situation. I would highly recommend seeing this movie. At the end there is a website that you can visit for the book/challenge in the movie.

Sunday: Church in the morning. Then we came home and ate a quick lunch and headed to our friends Hair Saloon. She was doing $5 hair cuts, $5 manicures and $5 messages for Breast Cancer awareness month. I have been wanting to get GG's hair trimmed, she hasn't had a cut since she donated to Locks of Love in May of 2007 (17 months ago). Her hair looks so healthy now and I didn't have to fight with her to sit still so I could cut it and it only cost $5 :) J and I each got massages (the lady doing them gave the kids each a free 2 minute massage) and GG also got a manicure. She was the pampered queen for the day! Oh and I won in the raffle, score. We might be going to night church tonight but we haven't decided yet.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Glad to here you had a great weekend! Yeah for date night at the movies:)

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

$5 massages! That makes the whole weekend, for me...

KC said...

OH Man $5 hair cuts and massages and nails.. Goodness I need to find a place doing that..
Sounds like you had a great weekend. I am wanting to see fireproof so badly. We normally don't do the whole going to the movie thing the cost is just crazy anymore.. But our anniversary is this month and I'm trying to talk DH into dinner and a movie for our anniversary date. So I might get to see it soon.
don't forget to stop by my blog and link your Weekend Recap up on the Weekend Recap Mr. Linky :)
Happy Monday.

Martie said...

Hey! Where's the pictures?? I want to see the haircuts! :O)

I hear great things about that movie. I hope to check it out soon. Thanks for the tip!

Martie

Anonymous said...

$5 haircuts & messages & manicures! What a deal! I want to see pics :)