Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Want to scream...

Before I get into that I wanted to say that I have no idea how the boy on Sunday is doing, I have prayed for him often. I didn't know his name and even if I did I could call the hospital because they couldn't tell me anything because of privacy laws. The first thing the kids and I did when we pulled up and J jumped out was to pray for his recovery.

The part that makes me want to scream is the way I feel. Last night after I put the kids to be at 6:30pm, yeah J was out of town and I just couldn't handle them anymore. J left for WIU at 5:30am Monday, at which point woke me up and I couldn't go back to sleep. NOT happy about that. I got the kids ready took them to school and went grocery shopping. I should of known something was wrong with me because my grocery bill was really low, that always happens when I'm not feeling good and I just want to get it done. Though at this point I didn't really feel that terrible just tired, with good reason. So after all kids in bed I laid on the couch watching tv and that is when I started feeling achy and just not good. I was trying to wish away any sickness that might be trying to inhabit my body but this morning and right now tells me I lost the battle. I think part of the problem was GG slept in my bed with me last night. She woke up at midnight declaring she hadn't fallen asleep yet. I tell her to lay down and go to bed. Then again at 3:20am replay the midnight scene. And once again at 6am at which point I am up for the day. I can't fight off sickness if I can't get sleep people! **Note to self next time J leaves town don't invite another kid to sleep in your bed :)** I did go to playgroup this morning so that Red could wear off some energy. Then we came home for lunch which I didn't eat. Peanut feel asleep in the van so I laid her down gave Red something to eat and then went to lay down with him for naptime. As soon as I started to drift off she was awake. Oy. I brought her out to the living room still determined to get a nap I put her favorite 30 minute movie on. Didn't work too well but I did just get to lay and rest. The only bad part is that J won't be home until around 8pm so I am on my own for homework, dinner and bedtime again tonight. When he gets home I am making a rule that he can't go away during school time until the baby is at least 3yr but I would prefer 4yrs old.

So here is the most important part of the post. I need some tricks ladies as to how to get better fast. On Friday J and I are going to a Building 429 concert for my birthday. I'm going to go either way but I would love to be feeling better. Any remedies that you swear by? I take a probiotic daily, women's vitamin, and last night I took a B vitamin complex with extra vitamin C hoping it would help. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!

10 comments:

hestermom said...

Well, first let me say that I can totally sympathize. I haven't been sick, but I have been grumpy-growly, getting no sleep (hubby is on night shift this week) and having contractions that end up no where. Anyhoo. I don't have any sure-fire get well things, but here are my two suggestions: 1) Nyquil and then declare a video day!! and 2) Emergen-C (it's a little packet that you dissolve in water, but it's just a bunch of vitamins-you can usually get it at the health food store.) Hope you are better soon!!! I'm saying a prayer for you today.

KC said...

OH no.. I do hope you feel better soon.. it is awful having to be mom when your sick, but having to be both mom and dad UGH.. At that point I call grandma but both MIL and my mom only lives 30 minutes away and I know that isn't an opption for alot of people.. I like the nyquil and video day idea.. I was going to say video day while you sleep or just rest on the couch.. but didn't think about nyquil because I would be afraid to take it while the kids were awake.. But what about the dayquil which is to do everything the nyquil does but doesn't put you to sleep..

As far as the bubble gum in the hair thing you asked about, I didn't use anything.. just took my time and pulled out strand by strand from the gum until all I was left with was a glob of gum. didn't have to cut or anything.

mikeanddebbie said...

ASTRAGALUS ROOT!!!! It's a dietary supplement and it works wonders! You can get it at health food stores for sure and probably regular drug stores as well. Take 3 capsules twice daily with food or water. Get it ASAP and I bet you'll feel better in no time! Good luck!!!

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Other than farming the kids off on someone for 24 hours so that you can truly, TRULY sleep well? Really, you just need to sleep, sleep, SLEEP.

Hope you feel better!!

Kristin said...

What's the deal?...that's so not cool! Hope you feel much improved, if not better by Friday!

Anonymous said...

This lady I used to work with long ago at Walmart always swore by Vitamin C and echinacea. She had worked there like 15 years and never called in sick because she took those 2 vitamins daily.

corrie said...

hey girl... thanks for your comments... i have kept up on your blog, but have been a slacker when it comes to commenting, sorry sista!

i am so sorry you are a sickie. i will pray that you are able to catch some zzz's, and soon! feel better my friend...

PLUS - you take the greatest photos for your blog header. your kids are too awesome.

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Hey! Come enter my Circus giveaway!!

Anonymous said...

I have a couple of ideas, the first of which is Airborne (or Walborne-the generic at Walgreens or Walmart, I think). Ideally you should take it as soon as you start feeling symptoms, but at this late stage in the game, it has the potential to lessen the duration of your crud. I know the stuff has gotten a lot of bad press (doesn't work, glorified dose of Vit C, but we've had some luk with the stuff). Also, if you're having issues with sinuses (other than achiness, I didn't know what other symptoms you have), try using a Neti-pot. I was pretty reluctant, but my convinced me to try it. It's great! (A little intimidating, but great.)

Good luck! Hope you feel better son!

Anonymous said...

Forgive the typo's above. Blech. That would come from typing too fast. Feel better soon-not "son."
:-)