Thursday, October 23, 2008

Saddened

I have to say that this morning has to be the worst day ever as a parent. It all started yesterday after school when I picked the kids up. GG came to the van crying. I asked her what was wrong and she proceeded to tell me this. *I have changed the name of the girl*

GG: Rachel stole my money.
Me: What money?
GG: The money that Monkey gave me.
Me to Monkey: Where did you get money from?
Monkey: My friend
Me: Ok so what happened?
GG: Rachel asked if she could put her snack in my lunch box because she had a paper bag for lunch. So I let her. When I was in the bathroom she went into my locker to get her snack and she took my dollar too.
Me: Why didn't you say anything to her or the teacher?
GG: I didn't know she took it until after school when I went to get something out of the vending machine and it was gone. Mom she took it. I know she took it because at lunch there was this little first grader getting something out of the vending machine and her dollar wasn't going in so Rachel helped her. The little first grader got a bag of chips that cost 40 cents and Rachel gave her a dime and kept the 50 cents.

I get home and call her teacher to tell her I will be coming in to school tomorrow to talk to her about it. Then J comes home I tell him what happened. The first thing we talked to the kids about was not taking money from other kids. If Monkey wouldn't have taken the two dollars from that boy then this wouldn't have happened. We explained to the kids that the money their friends bring to school is really their mom and dad's money and not their friends to be giving away. We asked Monkey if he asked for the money and he said no the friend just gave it to him. Which is nice but still not appropriate for first grade. As we were talking to GG on the way to church it came out that this Rachel is bullying her into doing what she wants to do. For instant at recess if GG wants to play at the playground and Rachel wants to jump rope she will say jump rope with me or I'm going to tell the teacher on you. This just breaks my heart. This girl was in GG class last year and we had problems with her doing these same type of things which the teacher was made aware of and it was handled. She has changed her angel this year though. It is very frustrating.

This morning we go in and the teacher didn't get my message so I have to explain everything that GG told me. Then GG came in and the teacher asked her questions and she answered them honestly. Then her teacher said something about talking to Rachel's mom when she got there and GG started to change her story. She said, "I didn't see her take my money so maybe she didn't" Where as yesterday she was sure of it. I could see the fear come across her face that her friend was going to be in trouble for stealing money from her and the first grader. Which this morning came out that GG show her take the 50 cents and that Rachel was bragging about taking the money from the girl. GG started crying because Rachel is friends with her best friend Crafty which is Rachel's only other friend, wonder why? She told me that Rachel wasn't going to let her play with Crafty if she gets in trouble. Both me and her teacher told her that Rachel needs to have consequences if she did steal her money and that GG was doing the right thing. I walked out of the school today wanting to bring GG home with me but I know she needs to be at school. She is a strong girl. Her teacher told me that GG gets along with everyone in the class and she has lots of friends. Her teacher was very great this morning and so kind and caring with GG. I really appreciated that.

On a lighter note: I was sitting on the couch typing this post and I noticed Peanut having the I'm pooping face. I grabbed her pulled her diaper off and put her on the potty where she pooped and peed! It was too cute I had to take pictures. I have not decided to start potty training her but I would like to get as much of her poop in the potty as possible so it doesn't stink up the house! Here are the pictures I took of her being a big girl :)

Isn't she cute?! She started peeing when I took this picture :)

9 comments:

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

She's too little!!!! NOOOO!!!!!

Love her little grin on the potty chair!

Crissybug said...

Those are the things that I do NOT look forward to when my kids start going to school full time. I sure hope that everything works out with GG. It has to be so hard for such a little one!

And my Peanut!! Wouldn't that be great if she could get potty trained early! She is growing up way too fast!

Martie said...

She is sooooo adorable!

Martie said...

We have had so many situations like GG's over the years. A great teacher makes such a difference! I hope everything is resolved peacefully and thoroughly.


Martie

Anonymous said...

These are the things I am worried about when my kiddos get to be school age. Kids can be so nasty sometimes and all you want to do is protect your child.

Anonymous said...

So far I've not had to deal w/bullies but I'm sure it's coming. Kids can be cruel.

Kristin said...

Sorry about the school issue. Way to go Peanut!

Stonefox said...

We had a money incident this week too. But those photos....precious!!

KC said...

so sorry about the school drama.. ugh never fun..
Peanut looks so tiny sitting on the potty..