Monday, October 20, 2008

Weekend Highlights.

I think I am going to use bullets for this post!
  • We if you missed it check the post below about the pumpkin farm we went to.
  • After church we went out to eat at this really yummy Italian place.
  • On the way to my in-laws we witnessed a 14 yr old get dragged under a car. We didn't see the impact but we saw the tail end of the lady dragging this poor boy about 20ft. My wonderful hubby pulled the van up and jumped out to help. He was the only one on the scene that had any experience with being a first responder. It was a really scary situation but watching J in action was really cool. He totally took charge. He held the boys head still and was talking to him to keep him conscience while waiting for the ambulance and fire to come. The kids eyes were rolling in the back of his head and his body was shaking. There was no blood so that was good. My kids were really freaked out and it was a good lesson to show them why we wear helmets when we ride our bikes.
  • GG lost her 4th tooth at G & G house. Now she has no top front teeth. The bottom front have come in completely. My sis-in-law took a video of her tooth wiggling and her pulling it out so when I get it I will post it. It is kinda funny. She was really scared to pull it for some reason.
  • I got tagged by my friend Julie. The only problem is that we are to show the inside of our purse. I don't own a purse. I have a diaper bag but that usually stays in the van unless it needs restocked with baby goods. Thanks for tagging me Julie! If I come up with a fun twist to the tag I will do it and let you know.

10 comments:

KC said...

Oh my goodness, that is awful, just awful about that poor boy. I wonder how he is doing. If you find out any news on his condiction let us know.. I'm so glad your husband was there and knew what to do in a time that like.. AWFUL!!!!
I bet it freaked your kids out, I would have been freaked out too.
My Sweet Pea(the same one who got gum stuck in her hair) has her two front top teeth loose.. not ready to come out yet but they are loose I told her by christmas she might be able to sing all I want for christmas is my two front teeth.

Back to the gum in her hair.. No I didn't get upset about it.. those sort of things dont phase me at all. She came out and said Mom I need your help showed me her hair I said OK lets go.. No wait.. I grabbed the camera and said.. OK now hold your hair so I can see it and blow a bubble.. MY DH looked at me like I was crazy and Sweet Pea said Why?? I said " so I can blog this, duh" LOL Then she really had me laughting.. because after i took the picture she said.. OK I will go cut this out of my hair now.. LOL silly thing wanted to cut a big chunk of her hair out.. we just pulled it out of the gum strand by strand.

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

OH wow....
that's so scary for you all.. and the poor boy...

back in 1974, but little brother who was 11 at the time... I was 14 and babysitting.... he went to a boy scout meeting down the road a bit... they were across the street from church... as they were crossing... he
was hit by a car that flew thru a crossing guard...

she hit him and then dragged him 89feet... all in front of those poor boy scouts...
he died about 20 minutes later..

it was a horrible ordeal... Oct. 7th 1974... our life was never ever the same for any of us...
especially my mother.

Kat said...

Oh. My. Word. If I would have witnessed that accident I would be having nightmares for the rest of my life. I would be devestated if my children saw it. I hope they are not traumatized. And I hope that little boy is okay.

Your header pic is absolutely adorable!!!!

designHER Momma said...

wow, crazy scary accident. do you know if the boy is ok?

Anonymous said...

So the boy was on his bike and got hit by a car and was dragged? How awful!

If you figure out something cool to do, you can post it!

mikeanddebbie said...

LOVE your new picture with the kiddos and the pumpkins!!! What a weekend! I hope that boy is ok! How fun to see your hubby in action!!

Anonymous said...

I love the new photo at the top of your blog-so cute and so appropriate for this time of year.

What a horrible thing to witness yesterday, but so thankful that your husband was there on the scene. There are no coincidences-only God moments.

Hope the boy is doing ok.

Kristin said...

Ugh, nasty accident. Go J! YES, good helmet wearing lesson...the hard way. No purse, come on every girl needs a purse;) What an eventful weekend! CU tomorrow...if I get myself outta bed...just got home...me tired!

Martie said...

That is so horrible about the boy. I feel sick. Do you know if he is OK? I am so glad your husband was at the right place at the right time. God provides, doesn't He?

Martie

Leslie said...

Wow. Your husband is a good man. The boy is lucky that you guys were there to provide assistance. Your kiddos are just gorgeous, all of them! Thanks for stopping by my blog. ;)