Saturday, October 28, 2006

Saturday

I am more awake right now then last time I posted. I thought I would tell you a little more of what GlamorGirl's class did on Friday. We went to a nursing home and visited with the grandmas and grandpas there. The kids made gifts to hand out after they sang to them. GG gave her gift to a grandma named Hazel. I could tell she was scared to talk to them so I got down on her level and started talking to GG about somethings that we could tell the grandmas. We ended up talking to Hazel and Vivan the lady next to her. By the time we left GG wasn't scared of the *old people* and was wanting to give them all a hug. It was a good experience for her and I am glad I was there to help in the uneasy situation for her. I didn't bring my camera so I didn't get any pictures :(

Last night we went to an Irish Pub and had some really good food and I even got a mixed drink with dinner. The owner came and sat with us for about 10 minutes which was nice. J goes in there while he is working sometimes. Then we went bowling. That was so fun. I won the first game 115 to 108 then J won the second game 171 to 103. I was happy that I broke 100 both games!!! Then we headed over to Starbucks and got drinks and talked for along time. Our date lasted 3 1/2 hours. It was a great time. Our babysitter, Jess, brought over cookies to make with the kids. When we got home there were cookies that they decorated. I really don't want to lose her as a sitter.

Today we have been cleaning, the kids each got hair cuts and baths, J and I started going through the Christmas presents already bought to figure out who we have left to shop for and if the kids need anything else. I believe we are half way done so that is a good feeling. Right now I am trying to decide if I should take the kids to Wal-mart or wait until Monday when they are in school and if we should go to church tonight.

No comments: