Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Library Day

The kids have been reading a lot since school has been out so I figured we could take a walk to the library and get some new reading material. The summer reading program starts next Monday so we'll be back. I got 4 big chapter books for the older kids and I to read together. About a month ago or so GG was telling me how sad she was that I don't read to her anymore. I read to the little two but the two big kids can read for themselves. I started thinking about it and decided that if she is asking to spend that kind of time with me I am going to jump at it because there is going to come a day when she isn't going to want me reading to her. We started reading the first book, Because of Winne~Dixie today after quiet time. After the first chapter they all asked for more so I read the second and they didn't want me to stop again, well Red did but the other two wanted to keep going. They talked Red into one more chapter! And guess what they didn't want to stop AGAIN. Though we promised Red only one more chapter so we stopped and I told them we could read some more before bed tonight, they were happy all around. Now they are watching the movie we got from the library...Little Orphan Annie as they call it! I got J and I Mall Cop for tonight or tomorrow to watch. Our library is the best about getting new releases and then we don't have to pay to watch them! That is pretty much it from us.

7 comments:

hestermom said...

Yeah! That sounds like so much fun!!

Jill said...

Cute blog!

Kari said...

The library is one of my best friends!! I don't know what we'd do with much of our summer without it-seriously. Our girls got signed up with the summer reading program last week. Cassidy has to read 500 pages and Mackenzie has to "read" 20 books. They even have an adults reading program as well. Winner of a book review drawing gets a $50 gas card. Gotta love that! I discovered Karen Kingsbury a couple of months ago and am addicted. Have you read any of her stuff? It's great! If you have a few moments to yourself (I do my reading at night when the girls are in bed), you should definitely check her out!

Kristin said...

Yeah for the library!:) That's so nice 2 have readers!!!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

We are loving our library right now, too....but we don't have quite the chapter book base yet.

Adina said...

i was wondering how you were with summer break and all but it sounds like you are doing just fine. way to go mama!

Jessi said...

Peanut sounds as rambunctious as my Baby Handsome. He is fearless also and just had a very nasty fall that left him looking like someone beat him up!

The cart situation sounded so scary though. So glad they are all right!

And "yay!" is soooo cute!