Sunday, June 28, 2009

My Girl

It has been so nice to have my girl home again. Our normal sitter Jess came over yesterday morning to go with us to get GG from camp. Then we went over to her best friends house to pick her up and drop Red off so he could have a play date with his friend! Once all that happened we were on our way to get her from camp. We got there a little earlier than expected which actually worked out pretty good. We grabbed her stuff and loaded it into the van and the kids played at the park. I went to find her and she was still in the mess hall eating breakfast. As I was standing outside with a guy from our church his daughter and GG come up to the window and wave to us. That was the first time I got to see her. I was so happy. About two seconds she started crying. They weren't letting the kids out of the mess hall for another 10 minutes and she just wanted to get a hug from me. So I lost it and shed some tears. As soon as they let them out she ran to me and I gave her the BIGGEST hug ever. Then I called Monkey and the rest of them over and once she saw her friend it was girl screams to the max. Too cute. We watched her end program got to see part of the DVD of the week and heard some of the songs they sang throughout the week. Her counselors told me she got about 20 pieces of mail that week! A big thank you to everyone who sent her mail and you know who are you she LOVED it! Of course, we sent her a package too. She was pretty bummed about loosing her black bag. It had some of the contents of the package she got from us, candy, her watch, second camera, hair brush, sunscreen, and bug spray. Well the boys are at a play date and Peanut is sleeping so I am going to go have a tea party with GG she just told me it is ready. I'm off...

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Glad camp went so well!!!

KC said...

So glad she had fun at camp and that you have your girl back.. enjoy the tea party..

Diva's Thoughts said...

Aaawwww...that was too cute. I'm glad she's home.

Adina said...

yay for being back home. that makes for one happy mama too.