Friday, June 19, 2009

Oh what a night!

We had the loudest scariest storm last night and this morning. I woke up to a big bang at 3 something this morning. I was afraid we were going to lose power, especially since J is gone and that the crawl space would flood. Both girls ended up in my bed by 4am which was fine just made for notsogreat sleep the last part of the night. Then my mom-in-law called me this morning to let me know that the guys might not being coming in today because of the weather. I guess before they left Joe told her if the day they are suppose to be picked up is bad weather that they are staying a day longer. If that is the case essential what will happen is I will get GG prepared for camp with all the kids in tow and then I will be bringing her there without J and he won't get to see her for another week. I am really praying that they don't have bad weather there and are able to get their pick up time today. I will know by about 10pm if they are back in the states or not.

Other than that the kids last day of soccer camp was today. They were suppose to do a soccer Olympic something or other but because of the lightning they had to bring it all inside and didn't get to do the games. They had a great time anyway and I got a picture of the kids with most of their coaches from this week. Well that is it from me please pray that the guys come back today...

UPDATE!!!! SO I got a call from J at 4pm today telling me that they are back in the states!!! I am so excited that it will be over tomorrow night.

6 comments:

Cynthia said...

I know...how crazy was that storm last night?!?

Kat said...

I heard the storms were pretty crazy. Glad you all survived it. :)

Kristin said...

I actually enjoyed those storms!!! Especially since no one got hurt, kids didn't wake and the power didn't go out! I'm beginning to like thunderstorms in my older age!!! HA!

Kari said...

Ugh! I was driving home in that storm-just me and the girls. Scary-never want a repeat of that experience ever. Glad that J made it back in the states!

Anonymous said...

Whoever said mom's were inflexible never experienced the scheduling a mom does with all the children, the husband, and all the extended family! Flexibility is the only way schedules work! I enjoyedy our blog!

sarahgrace said...

We had a ton of lightning and thunder last night too! Must be all over the states. I am one of those people who really enjoy them, and slept really well for a change. Weird, I know...