Saturday, June 13, 2009

Single parenthood starts today...

The plan was to go on my dad's boat today but that got changed by the weather. No fun to be on the water in the rain. Before J left he gave me a coupon for 2 hours free bowling, free shoe rental and a free pitcher of pop. I called my dad and he said that sounded like a good alternative plan so bowling we went. My friend Amy came too, she was planning on going on the boat as well. The first game Red got a strike and was the highest score for the kids with 100. The kids all used bumpers. The second game Monkey beat everyone playing even my dad with a score of 133. he was so proud of that score and he should be! After bowling we came back to my dad's house for some ice cream and a nap for Peanut. My dad got nap too. Amy and I got to talk and the kids watched some tv...there really isn't anything for little ones to do at my dad's house. As soon as Peanut woke up from her nap we took the kids to see the movie UP. It was pretty cute though Red got really scared a few times. We also got to talk to J and see him on the webcam in Minnesota. I have the hotel number so I will be able to call him tonight before the kids go to bed! The next nights he left letters for me to read to them before bed since he will be out of cell phone range. Our week is pretty busy with activities so hopefully that will help the time fly by and us not miss daddy so much. Let our adventure begin :)

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Good luck to you...sounds like you have a plan...that's half the battle;)

Kristin said...

Sounds like fun already!!! We took the kids to see UP too...we all really liked it! Sweetness slept through the whole thing!;)

Diva's Thoughts said...

Aaaawww..Daddy will be back before you know it.