Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Peanut and Red

I decided today that I would take the kids to Toys R Us, both of the boys got gift cards from their birthday parties. We get there and everything was going great. They were staying with me and looking at toys. They weren't arguing about the ones that were too much money and so on. I was feeling like the shopping trip was a complete success. Then we check out. As soon as I finished paying and got my credit card back in my purse. I see out of the corner of my eye the cart falling over on top of Red with Peanut in the seat up front. Both of them crying. I pulled Peanut up after unbuckling her and GG helped get the cart off of Red. I quickly looked her over to make sure she didn't hit her head on anything, she was just scared but not hurt, praise the Lord. Red on the other hand got scraped up by the falling cart on top of him. I thought I'll get them home give them lunch and put the two little ones down for a nap. After Peanut got done eating I took her out of her chair and 5 minutes later I hear a huge thud followed by her hurt cry. I thought this can't be good. Sure enough she crawled onto the table to get back in her chair and had fallen out. She had a goose egg on her forehead. This little girl has no fear I tell you.

Rewind to Sunday. We were at my sister-in-law's graduation ceremony. I had taken Peanut out of the room because she was being loud. I let her run around outside but they are many stairs and she was making me nervous how fast she was running towards them. I took her over by the preschool enterance. There are two sets of doors before you enter the building. I thought this will be a good place to let her run that will be safe and quiet. After about 10 minutes it started getting hot in there and I said, "Let's go back outside." She told me, "No" So I walked out, we had gotten in so I didn't think the doors were locked. Do you see where this is going? As soon as the door closed she started crying and I went to open it but it was LOCKED. I had to run around to the inside door to let her out. By the time it took me to get there about 1 minute there was a security guard standing there he says, "Is this your baby?" I then explain how she got locked in there and I had to go around. She had tears running down her face but I had to leave her to get her out. Oy.

On a happier Peanut note. She has been waking up at about 4 in the morning and I take her back to her bed and she goes back to sleep which is great and then she wakes up a few hours later and I let her in the bed. Well the last few mornings when I pick her up and put her in the bed she says, "YAY" It is the cutest thing in the world.

8 comments:

mikeanddebbie said...

Glad the kiddos are okay!!!

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Geesh, Tonya. Hold onto that peanut!

Glad they're ok.

Diva's Thoughts said...

Kids and their adventures. They'll give you a heart attack! lol

Kristin said...

Oh my! I dislike even the minor injuries! They sure keep you on your toes!!!

Martie said...

And what's best is that when Peanut says, "yay", what she really means is, "I have the best Mommy in the whole world and I love her so, so much!"

I'm glad nobody ended up in the ER! Phew!

Anonymous said...

I would've been mortified when the security guard came around.

But I guess we've all been there, eh? lol We can laugh now, but when things like this happens...oh the pain and embarrassment of it all.

Adina said...

Those are scary moments. So glad that they are ok.

sarahgrace said...

Sounds, oh- so familiar! Selah is also a fearless little creature, it freaks me out! Glad they are all okay though! Phew!