Friday, November 26, 2010

Tradition

Every year since I can remember we have put our Christmas tree up the day after Thanksgiving. This year is no exception! I love having our tree up. The hardest decision this year was where do we put the tree?! In the living room so that people on the street can see it from the window or do we put it in the family room where we spend most of our time? Well I want to be able to enjoy it so we decided on the family room! Here are some pictures of our tree decorating...

First the kids help set the tree up!
Now starts the fun of decorating!






The finished product...
Yesterday we ate so much that I am not hungry at all today. Just a recap on our food so that years down the road my kids can't say I starved them ;)
Breakfast: Homemade Pancakes, with fruit toppings and whip cream, sausage and turkey bacon.
Lunch: Cheese, summer sausage, crackers, carrots, cauliflower, cucumbers, hummus, and fruit salad.
Dinner: Turkey, mashed red potatoes, asparagus, stuffing, homemade applesauce (my kids favorite!). Dessert...pumpkin pie, pecan pie, and cheese cake.

Lastly I want to leave you with a link to my hubby's blog for some really cool lego recreations the kids and Jeff did today!

No comments: