Friday, November 12, 2010

Tragedy

I'm sure you have heard in the news of the attack that is going on over in Afghanistan and some of our troops have died. Well we got the news a couple of days ago at school that one of our teacher's son was killed over there. The teacher teaches 7th grade and I have never had any contact with him as far as school goes. I was sad for him but in that disconnected kind of way when you don't really know someone but are sad for what they are going through. Later in the day I found out that he was married and has a 1 year old. I know his wife, she is the same age as my sister in law Liz, and they graduated together from our school. It breaks my heart that this young wife and mother are now forever without their husband. It breaks my heart that this little girl won't see her father again. To make things even sadder the wife lost her step-mom to brain cancer not quit 2 years ago. I guess all this to say please pray for our troops and their families. This soldier paid the ultimate price...his life.

2 comments:

Diva's Thoughts said...

OK...I am eally sad to hear there. I am so sorry for what happened and for what everyone is going through. Man I wish our troops would come home!!

mikeanddebbie said...

Heart wrenching...I was so sad to hear about this.