Monday, February 13, 2006

My day off...not really, more like mother/daughter bonding time!

This morning Red and I went to meet my mom at our half way point between the two houses. Lots of shopping places! I burned a whole through my Christmas money and bought a bunch of new shirts for me! I think I have about $20 left. I also got my hair cut :) It was a really good day with my mom and Red. Even though I bought stuff for the two older kids because I missed them so much. Only having Red was like being childless. At least for me it felt that way. I also saw a friend from Highschool that was really cool. We had a yummy lunch at Olive Garden so I am so stuffed I haven't eaten dinner. I am definitely ready for bed! Tomorrow I am helping out in GG's class for the Valentine's party so Red and I will be missing playgroup this week. But we still have Bible study on Wednesday morning. I think I am going to take this Bible study again. IT is AWESOME!!! It is called Entrusted with a Child's Heart. Isn't that title so true of mothers and their children's hearts?!?! GG had a moment the other night when she didn't get her way and so she threw a fit. She knows that is unacceptable behavior and she needs to use words to get her point across. Long story short she had to go to bed. After she had calmed down I went in and we talked about her behavior and what was wrong and how she could change it for next time. Then we prayed together. Her words still ring through my head they were so precious. She said, "Dear God, please forgive me for my sin of yelling and screaming. Help me to obey my mom and dad and not act in a bad way like I did tonight. Amen." I had to kiss her and leave the room because I was tearing up she was so sincere. She has such a sweet heart.

No comments: