Sunday, February 26, 2006

Olympics

Last night the kids and I went to a *new* church, we aren't switching but my friends go to this church and it is on Saturday nights so sometimes we go and the kids love the chance to play with other kids while I go to service. It also helps make the day go faster when J is working. We, of course, went to our normal church this morning. It was in the installation service for our new pastor and associate pastor, with lunch following. Anyways, after church I told the kids I would take them out to eat...first time I have done this by myself with the 3 of them. I had coupons for two free meals, only ended up paying $2.50 for us to eat with dessert included, not bad. While we were there the Olympics were on the tv and GG could see it but Monkey couldn't. Next thing I know Monkey is standing on his chair straining his neck to see the "Olympics"! I asked him what he was doing and he said, "I want to see the Olympics, mom." It was funny...my 3 year old wants to watch the Olympics...what could he possibly get from it???

Oh yeah that birthday party on Friday was super cool. GG painted a butterfly that can be hung up in her room and Monkey painted a car. I don't know how expensive it was but the place supplied the pizza and the cake. The parents only had to show up. Then afterwards the kids didn't want the party to end so they played in the really cool play area in the Mall, and us adults talked!

No comments: