Thursday, February 16, 2006

Thank Heavens it's THURSDAY!

I am very thankful that today is Thursday because the kids have Cubbies tonight and that means that all the things I wanted to get done this morning while
they were at school I can do tonight. Red didn't sleep well last night or should I say he didn't sleep at all until about 4:30am. I did everything I could think of to do with him except for walk around because I knew I would probably fall down carrying him from exhaustion. He finally fell asleep...so instead of doing my normal housework this morning I slept. Now I am not sleep deprived and I can be the best mom I can be the rest of the day. GG had a sub at school today so he didn't send home any work to do except for her reading. I have come to the realization that even though my kids go to school I still *home* school them. Since I am home in the afternoon with no help it is either deal with fights because they are bored or have learning activities for them. Hmm hard choice right? Not really. We keep our days pretty busy with learning it makes the days go by sometimes too fast, we haven't even turned on the tv today and when we do it is for only 30 minutes. Unless we have a movie day. At the party on Tuesday the other mom there and I were talking about how great this school is but that she only sends her kids there for Kindergarten because of the money and the fact that there is a lot of homework. She said since her kids have gone to public school she can see the different strengths and weaknesses of our school and the public. But from talking to her the weakness of our school is only one area and the weakness of the public school are many areas. Basically no school is prefect be it; public, private, or home. So I think a combo is good :) Well the kids just got done painting so on to the next activity!!!

No comments: