Thursday, February 09, 2006

Sentimental...

I just got done cleaning the kitchen after lunch and thought I would update real quick. GG is reading with J. I think back to last year when she was in preschool and was sounding out words. I can't believe how fluently she is reading. Where did that little girl who was sounding out simple words go? Now Monkey is starting to sound out words. They are growing up too fast.

The reason for the title of this post is because last night my dough print of Monkey's hand got broken, by the Monkey. He was only 17 months old when we made it and it makes me sad because I will never have that little Monkey hand again. He was so sad, too. He started crying and asked if we could make another one just like it. I had to explain to him that he is bigger now so I can't make the hand small like it was. It was hard to handle his sadness with mine. But I just told him it is better to have the print broken then the actual Monkey broken. I think he was so sad because he liked putting his now big hand over the smaller one to see how big he has gotten. I am going to have to make some more of those prints because he will still get bigger!

No comments: