Monday, August 25, 2008

Backfire.

That is what my plans for today did. The kids start school in two weeks. I wanted to start training them to get up at 7:30 eat, dressed and ready to leave the house by 8:10. Well this morning they didn't wake up until after 8am and Peanut and I didn't get up until 8:30. Totally not what I had planned but at least we still have 13 days to get on that schedule :) I'm just a little nervous because this is the first year that I will be solely getting 4 kids up and ready by myself every morning. It really makes me think about home schooling! I now know why big family tend to take that route. Plus, I know that Peanut is going to miss her brothers and sister when they are gone as much as I am. It will be SO quiet.

Here are some videos of what Peanut has been doing lately. She really likes to crawl with shoes on her hands, silly girl! Also with one knee and one foot. And she likes to play with the pots and pans. Oh and I must mention that she took her first and only step on Thursday August, 21. None since then though :)


13 comments:

Michelle @ Sew-Krafty said...

Hey there! I'm trying to catch up on my reading...you sure have been busy. We haven't had a vacation in almost two years (and that last one was during a time of great stress, so it didn't really count!)
Looks like everyone had a great time. Thanks for sharing.

Kat said...

I think once they start school they will be so excited to go that they will automatically get up earlier. That is how it happens around here.
Good luck!

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

You know, once they're into the routine, it's not so bad. Basically, it's all about the preparation beforehand. We make the lunches and set out their clothes the night before. It cuts down dramatically on the time wasted in the AM.

Diva's Thoughts said...

Those videos are so darn cute.

Kristin said...

Hey there...you will do just fine getting the kiddos up and ready each morning! EVERYONE will get used to the routine. I will join you and Peanut in the quiet house zone for the school year!!! I must admit, I kinda chuckled reading your "school run through" morning! You're brave to attempt it before hand. That's hard to do! I enjoyed Peanuts videos...can't believe she's almost a year!

mikeanddebbie said...

Cute videos!! She's getting so big! Sounds like you have a busy year ahead of you but you'll enjoy the quiet and one on one time with Peanut!

Ann(ie) said...

Oh how I wish my little guy would sit there and bang on pots. He's usually chasing the cat with a pot with a maniacal look in his eye. hehe.

KC said...

Hi there, I just got my computer back after it was down for a month.. so I'm getting caught up now..
I had the same goal of getting the kids in bed early and use to waking up early and it didn't happen either the 1st day they woke up early was yesterday, and yesterday was there 1st day of school :)
Love the videos I bet the crawling with the shoes feel good on her hands LOL.. Got to love kids with pots and pans.

Mommy2Twinkies-Deb said...

So so cute. I think that Peanut will love the one to one time with Mommy. Good luck getting your crew out!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure everything will go smoothly when school starts!

Queen of the Mayhem said...

Seriously....how CUTE is that little girl!

Good luck on the getting up thing. I am SO not enjoying that right now!

Mommy2Twinkies-Deb said...

Hi. I haven't heard from you in a while, but I wanted to let you know that I awarded you the Brillante Weblog. http://fromstilettostosneakers.blogspot.com/2008/08/what-amazing-birthday-gift.html

sarahgrace said...

She's such a cutie!
I understand the wanting to get the kids used to getting ready for school! I have to say I'm glad Drew has morning session kindergarten, otherwise we'd all sleep in and not get anything done before we got him off to school! Sigh...much luck to you with that one.