Monday, August 04, 2008

The last few days...

We have had a busy few days and I wanted to get all the fun activity down for future reference. Sunday we went to church, after wards there was a reception for a couple in our church that are leaving, he has been in school for about 7 years getting his degree to become a Pastor and he finally has it and got hired on with a church so we have to say goodbye to him, his wife, and two little girls. Then to my in-laws so J could help his dad move some heavy stuff and J wanted to get his legos from when he was a kid so our kids could play with them. (As I am typing this it is thundering like you wouldn't believe and every 5 minutes the tv tells of more tornado warnings happening. Our sirens just went off. I never know what to do in these situations as we don't have a basement. These are the times I really wish we had one.) Then back to church for the VBS kickoff party. Then we met our friends from out of state for dinner and swimming at their hotel.

Monday to church for VBS. I'm working the kitchen again and J is doing the gym again. We came home ate lunch and I sent J and the two oldest to run errands. Then my step mom came over to watch the three kids while J, Peanut and I went to a wake for our good friend's dad. That wasn't necessary fun but we did get to see a lot of people we haven't seen in awhile. Now I'm going to try and go to sleep.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

First comment. Ha ha ha!

Kat said...

Wow. Busy, busy, busy!

Kat said...

Wow. Busy, busy, busy!

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

No BASEMENT?!? No way. I couldn't live that way. We didn't even look at homes without one...

Go to the innermost room, usually a bathroom. You can get into the tub and have a little book party while covering yourselves with blankets. Don't forget shoes. My biggie...

Kristin said...

Great to hear you had a super weekend:) Looking forward to spending time with you and the girls Wednesday...hopefully all will be healthy here:)

Kelly said...

I use to volunteer to work VBS when I was in school. My current church doesn't have a VBS program : (

Not Just Any Jen said...

Sounds like you are ending your summer with a bang! So busy!
Jen

mikeanddebbie said...

I hope your kids have a wonderful week at VBS! You and J too!!

Anonymous said...

I just did Vacation Bible School last week. For the past three years, I've taught crafts with the preschoolers. Tons of fun! But I'm always glad when the week's over!