Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Catch up...

That is what I spent today doing. Well and packing for our get away coming up soon. I like to have the house cleaned and all the laundry done before we leave that way we come home to a nice clean house! I. AM. TIRED. But the house is clean :) I also wanted to write that on Friday 8/8/08 Peanut got her first birthday present. I know her birthday isn't until September, but we got a really good deal on a fish, FREE, from my sis-in-laws *boy* friend. I write it like that because they aren't officially dating or anything they are just friends ;) We got her on Friday and her name is Uh Oh because that is one of Peanuts favorite words.

Speaking of that little girl she is doing so much I really need to get it documented. She pulls herself up to standing as you saw from the boat pictures. She is starting to actually crawl instead of doing the army crawl, but it isn't normal either. This girl likes to be different. She crawls on one knee and one foot. I have a video of her crawling like this but both of her hands are in her sisters shoes. She also has started shacking her head no when she goes by stuff she shouldn't, like the Wii. She'll crawl over, stop, look at us, and then shack her head no. A few times she actually says no too. I'm sure once I post I'll think to myself I forgot to write something she is doing!!

As for the other kids they only have 3 1/2 weeks before school starts. Where did the summer go? Seriously! I need to get on putting their supplies together with their names and what not. I have a feeling it will take me awhile to do 3 kids supplies :) Red is really excited about starting per-school. I'm a little nervous about him and how accident prone he has been these last few weeks. He has fallen face first off a planter at the park giving himself a goose egg on his forehead, scrap near his eye, and scraps down one arm. I was pushing Peanut in the swing and watching him walk on the planter. I saw the whole thing go down in slow motion...head first and last thing I saw feet both in the air. Poor Peanut got left in the swing while I ran to his aid. He is trying to give me a heart attack. He fell off backwards from his bike and hit his head. He wasn't wearing his helmet like he is suppose to so I got to remind him why we were helmet. The next day he ran into Monkey's bike while on his bike and got another bump on his forehead, again not wearing his helmet. The crazy thing is both of those injuries happened within the first minute of him on his bike! See, accident prone kid. Since then he has gotten his bike taken away 2 times for not wearing his helmet. Will this child ever learn??? Sometimes I feel like my kids have the worst learning curve EVER. It's totally frustrating as their parent.

Also today Monkey tried killing himself on the scooter. Praise the Lord he was wearing his helmet, other wise I would of been taking him to the ER for a broken nose. He was riding along on the scooter and in true daredevil fashion went right for the huge crack in the cement. He scraped up both knees and hands. He broke the front of his helmet and put a big divot in it. Had he not being wearing it his nose would of stopped him. No sooner did I finish taking care of Monkey, GG got hurt and was bleeding, the first time today. This afternoon the two older kids were playing outside with some neighbor friends. I had gone in the house to use the bathroom and as soon as I was doing I hear GG screaming like she was dying. I walk to the door and her friend is running up to tell me she fell off her bike and she's bleeding. I go get her bring her inside clean her up and bandage her and I go looking for Peanut who I had to leave inside while carrying my oldest into the house. I walk into my room and she is chewing on the phone charger, the part that plugs into the phone. I take it away and try to dry it off with the blow dryer but no use it is damaged. This is the second one she has ruined. Apparently, J and I have a slow learning curve as well since we are the ones that have been leaving them where she can get them.

Then after dinner we went mini golfing with our church. They had dinner and golf but we ate at home so it was just golf for us. We had a fun time. And another late night!

10 comments:

Kristin said...

Great post! Sorry the kids have been accident prone...maybe they're getting it "out of their system" before school starts! It's fun to read all about Peanuts new accomplishments:)

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

We have to get together soon. But my kids start NEXT WEEK!! I can't believe it. The summer is practically gone!

corrie said...

you really should have gone to school to be a nurse!! hahaha...

Michelle @ Sew-Krafty said...

I gave you an award today!

sarahgrace said...

Great new picture! (sorry, I've been absent for a little while...)
It sounds like all your kiddos are accident prone at the moment! (Buy stock in bandaids! hee hee)

WML said...

Just thought I would check in. Have a good day.

Kat said...

Holy crap! You should have the hospital on speed dial! ;)

The Broken Man said...

Wow, sounds like you must go to casualty more often than we do! Mind you, we haven't got kids yet (not out in the open, anyway!)

The Broken man

Queen of the Mayhem said...

GOOD GRIEF! I am tired from just reading this! :)

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Oh my goodness! I can't believe all of the injuries your kidos have experienced lately! Crazy! Your life just sounds so busy. Running after this kid, bandaging up another one, going to this activity and that. :) Such is the life of a mom isn't it?
I love the stage that your Peanut is at. :) All of the new things they do and the way they try to communicate - precious!! :)