Friday, August 29, 2008

Wonderful Day

Today was wonderful all around! I woke up with my hubby still in bed at 8am. I asked him if he was going to work and he said at noon. So we spent the morning together. Then he went to work and the kids and I went to the pool for the afternoon. It was so much fun. I got some videos of the kids at the pool and a few pictures. But I'm at the laptop and the camera battery is low so I will have to post them later when I can get on the desk top to upload them. Anyways, we left the pool at 4pm and about 10 minutes after we got home J walked in the door. I made dinner for the kids and my step-mom and J and I went out on a date! We went out to eat at a bar and grill with really yummy food, then we walked to a piano bar and listened to the music, after we left there we were going to get ice cream but we ended up running into a high school buddy of J's and we talked to him for awhile. Instead of getting ice cream we ended up going to Lowe's for a new door knob one with a lock on it. Our kids don't know how to knock! They are a little too old to see us naked after showers. Anyways then we went to wal*mart to get a tent shade for Peanut's party. J has been wanting one for awhile and we have a good reason to get one now that we are having a party and will be having parties at our house in years to come seeing as 3 of the 4 kids have warm weather birthdays! Then we came home. See it was a wonderful day ALL. DAY. LONG.

6 comments:

sarahgrace said...

Sounds fabulous! Date Nights are always good!

Kristin said...

Ahhh...date nights:) So glad you had an all around great day:):) Let me guess...you were downtown A.H.? How fun is that!

Anonymous said...

Wow, a date night, what's that?!

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

So happy for you! I love that as we get older, a date night can EASILY include a trip to Lowe's for a doorknob. :)

KC said...

What a wonderful day, glad everything went so well for you

Martie said...

I had to laugh about the doorknob! Isn't that the truth??!?

Thank you for the blog award!!

Martie