Thursday, August 07, 2008

Breathe

I don't feel like I have time to breathe this week. I love VBS week the kids have so much fun but man is it exhausting. Yesterday (Wednesday) after VBS we went with a family to a children's museum we had never been to before. It was a lot of fun. Then it was home and GG and I left for another mother/daughter bonding time with the same friends. We went out to eat and then to the pool to swim. Well the two girls swam and we talked.

This morning we got to church an hour early to make the breakfast for today. Today at VBS was water games and they got a inflatable water slide for the kids to play on. You guessed it, after it was over all the workers kids played on the water slide. By the time we got home it was 1pm. I made lunch and put the kids to bed. Then Monkey and I went to the bank. We went through the kids piggy banks to get the coins out. At VBS they are having a contest to see who can raise the most money, weight wise, and that person gets a pie in the face. It's not the greatest of rewards but J is in the running for it. As I was looking through the kids piggy banks I noticed that they had a ton of money in each of them. I pulled it all out and counted it and decided that half of it needed to be put in the bank and the other half they could either keep in there or buy something with. Since I only had Monkey with me we ran to the dentist to get the paper that was dropped off last week for school. NOW, I'm trying to get caught up on cleaning, dishes, and laundry. I really don't have time to be sitting here updating but I need a break :)

On yeah, Peanut has started doing a few new things too. She is getting so much better at pulling herself to standing. I actually got some good pictures of her last night. Then I tried taking a video and she was done preforming her new trick. She also now tells me when she is tired and wants to nurse to sleep. She says, "Ny-Ny" It is really cute. I love that she can communicate and little!

5 comments:

Tonya said...

I forgot to mention that we are going to J's charity baseball game tonight. I know I said I was going to slow down. Is that possible???

Kat said...

Wow! You are busy! You do need to slow down! Making me tired just reading it!

Diva's Thoughts said...

Aaaahhhh, I remember VBS.....So many years ago.

Michelle @ Sew-Krafty said...

Not a pie in the face!! That is a terrible thing to happen to anyone...hee hee ;)

At least your kids can't whine that they are bored!

Kristin said...

You made it!!...through another VBS week:) So...what was the contest outcome??? Glad we got to see U guys this week. How cute is...Ny-Ny...aww...so very sweet.