Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Last of the Vacation posts!

Monday we got up and packed the vehicles. Then we headed to the State Park for a hike. Of course, I have pictures!

After the hiking we went to a place to eat that has goats on the roof. I forgot what the name of it was and I really don't feel like calling the parents for find out. But it was the only restaurant with grass on the roof with goats walking around! Red was so excited to go to this place all day. He really wanted to drink goats milk but they didn't have any, but they did have goat cheese which he and the other kids got to taste. It was a dark yellow almost brown colored cheese. The kids all liked it though :) Our waitress looked like our friend Monica so we asked to take a picture with her!
We also found this really cool sign along the side of the road and took these pictures for our friends with that last name!
Before we left Door County we did some shopping. We stopped at a Confectionery (we got some candy), kite store (dad bought each of the kids a new kite), rock store (for J), and clothing store. I got J a t-shirt that says Love Handles and the picture is two controllers for the playstation! I got a t-shirt that says Ruff Night with a picture of a dog, and I found the best onesie for Peanut but they didn't have it in her size. It said Can you hear me now? With a baby's mouth wide open. Everywhere we went to eat people commented on how much of a chatter box she is and if you don't pay attention to her she squeals until you look at her, to which she gives you the cutest, sweetest little smile. What a stinker. Needless to say that would of been prefect for her. Grandma found one that said I have my fussy pants on. I didn't like it as much but it was probably the second best choice! We then left for home. We got home around 10pm that night. It was a good time and certainly was memorable. That ends our trip...

8 comments:

mikeanddebbie said...

Looks like you guys had a great vacation! What fun memories!

Anonymous said...

Tonya, he just lost his tooth yesterday. He was very excited!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

How fun! I need a good family vacation like that!

Steph

Ann(ie) said...

What fabulous pics!!! I cannot believe that Summer is winding down! =P

Tracy said...

Looks like a fabulous time.....I have never seen a restuarant with goats on the roof, I bet that sparked some funny conversation from the kids.Tracy

Kristin said...

I remember going to that "goat" restaurant as a little girl!! I too forgot the name. GREAT PICS! It was so fun to check in:) Looks like you guys had a fun/memorable get-away:) Miss U all!

Anonymous said...

So far loneliness hasn't set in. I've kept myself busy and I plan on scrapbooking my pictures. That will be my BIGGEST project while they're away.

Sandra said...

I love these outdoors, nature pics--fun!