Sunday, October 09, 2005

So today is Sunday and J's first day off of work. We went to church where we were told that GG should really take piano lessons. She was sitting at the piano in children's church and the two teachers said it sounded like she was really playing a song. J and I talked and I think we are going to sign her up for lessons and maybe even get her a keyboard...if grandma doesn't have hers anymore. She never stops amazing us! She's a real quick learner, too. It only took her 10 minutes to learn how to tie her shoes. There are 1st and 2nd graders that don't know how to do that:) Ok enough about that. After church we went to the video store and the kids each got to pick out a movie and J picked one out it was his turn. He got Hitched and I am really looking forward to seeing it. It was one I would've chosen. When we checked out J got some poprocks candy. Now if you have never had those before they pop in your mouth. The kids have never had them before so they got to try them. It was really funny watching their faces. It is the little things that make us laugh/smile. We like giving the kids new experiences and we try to let them do something new each week but sometimes that doesn't happen but sometimes they get to try 2 or 3 new things in a week. Life is learning!!! I am excited about tomorrow. Red and I are meeting my mom and grandma in Rockford for a day of shopping. I am going to try and get J's Christmas presents. I hope I will have success but we'll see. If nothing else I will have gotten to spend the day with two pretty amazing women and one handsome little boy!

No comments: