Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Baking Goodies

On Monday afternoon the kids and I made cupcakes and a funfetti cake. It was a lot of fun and a great time consumer. Since the kids have been out of school I have needed to keep them busy so that they don't drive me crazy! I've gotten completely used to them being gone in the mornings but I have definitely enjoyed them being home these last couple of days. Last night was the LLL Christmas party, they actually called it a Holiday party but to me it was a Christmas party. We brought the cake which I am glad because after we made all of that stuff I thought now who is going to eat this??? Well it got consumed last night and the cupcakes are gone as well so today the GG and I made snickerdoodles, I am waiting for the last batch to come out of the oven. We had a really lazy late morning today because Monkey was sick last night and is sleeping right now without eating lunch, so not like him. The kids got up at 9 and J and I got up shortly after and had pancakes for breakfast. Then GG, Red and I took a bath together. That was quite funny and we were in there for about 45 minutes. I bathed Red while GG soaped up my back and drew pictures on it. I loved those types of baths when I was a little kid with my mom and so the tradition continues. Today has been a pretty great day so far with family bonding time and lots of snuggles with the kids. Couldn't ask for more. Only 4 days til Christmas :)

No comments: