Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Yay! We are finally getting HEALTHY :)

The past few days have been very interesting with fevers, baby throw up, and blowing noses. I feel much better today even though I still have to blow my nose but my nose doesn't hurt. Do you want to know my secret? Well I have been using Lansinoh on it! Yes, it is a breast cream for breastfeeding moms but it has worked wonderfully. I use it on my chapped hands and it is just great for healing sore body parts!!!

Although we had a sick Christmas we still held true to our family traditions. We opened stockings and then ate breakfast and read Luke 2 from the Bible. Then we opened presents. The only thing we didn't do because I was just too sick was make the birthday cake for Jesus' birthday.

The kids have gotten many wonderful presents and they aren't even done receiving or giving out presents. One of GG's favorite presents is the key board that Monkey (and Red) picked out for her. If I had to sum up her Christmas this year it would be Disney Princess Christmas! She got 2 princess books, tinker bell pjs, tinker bell chair (that is very cool and soft), and a princess poster. She also got these really cool books that show you how to draw different things like pigs, rockets, etc...and she loves it. Monkey got one of those books too and they each got a doodle pad so they could practice drawing them. GG also got a ton more polly pockets and clothes, mainly dresses! And a really cute umbrella. If I were to sum up Monkey's Christmas it would be a Buzz LightYear/Toy Story Christmas. He now has about 3 Buzz LightYears along with the other characters which are what he has played with nonstop since opening them, a clear favorite. He got a lot of books and clothes. And a spiderman chair, magna doodle, and lincoln logs. Both the kids got roller skates from their uncle Travis. And Red got clothes and toys for his age. His favorite is the pop up toy. The kids have loved everything they have received so far and are great at saying Thank you, very pleased with their manners. As a disclaimer: if the gift you gave the kids did not get mentioned it is not because they don't like it, it is because I can't remember EVERYTHING that they have gotten. I can already think of things I didn't say that J and I got them but, oh well. I hope everyone had a great Christmas and that you remember the reason for it. The birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

No comments: