Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Laundry Boy...

Red is usually attached to my hip as I bend down and get the laundry out of the dryer or put the clothes in the washer. Well he has gotten BIG! So I invented a new way of doing laundry with Red aka Laundry Boy. I sat him in the clothes basket and started putting clothes around him. He got the biggest kick out of that. Then I called the two older kids to come and see him and before I knew it all 3 of the little ones were laughing historically. I only wish I would of taken a picture but I'm sure there will be more opportunity for that considering I do laundry everyday!!!

This morning Red and I went to our playgroup that is growing and I'm so excited. I dropped Red off with J and went to get the kids from school. When I got home I felt so sick to my stomach. So after lunch I put the two boys down for naps and I turned on PBS for GG and I tried to take a nap too. But I felt so yucky that I couldn't fall asleep. So when Red woke up about an hour and half later I got up too. I think just being still on the bed and laying down helped, because I feel a little better.

Last week J had asked GG's teacher about a computer game that we want to get her for Christmas. It turns out that we need to get a higher grade. So J is going to get Jumpstart 1st grade, which she will learn in school the second part of this year. It was a toss up if we should get the 2nd grade so she could use it longer but I figure that the boys will get to use it too. I just hope she doesn't get bored.

So the Ark performance was great on Sunday. It was called Christmas: Where, When, and Why? It took place on a tree farm and these kids were looking for peoples favorite Christmas stories...where, when and why. The main character was named Tanna and she had a brother named Daniel, like as in Daniel in the lion's den. My favorite line was when he says to Tanna "Don't hate me because I'm biblical." Anyway on the way home J and I were talking about trees and I asked if he thought we would ever get a real tree. He said absolutely not and I'll show you why when we get home. Then he showed me a website called wimp.com and it had a real tree that caught fire and it only took 48 seconds for the whole room to be filled with smoke. It only took like 15 seconds for the whole tree to be burned. At playgroup we talked about who has their Christmas tree yet. Everyone but one girl because they get a real one. She was telling us that her dad was saying that they get the trees from China, because they are pretreated there. It was a joke of course but it was funny. Her dad has a fake tree!

J told me today that he only has to work 4 hours tomorrow for a training and it is from 8 to 12 so he will be home tomorrow night. I am so excited. I love when that happens. Tonight he is going to pick up some subway and bring it home for dinner because he didn't get a chance to get groceries this morning because of court. I'm down with that ;)

No comments: