Thursday, December 08, 2005

only a mom would...

...comfort her injured and crying child while she sits on the toilet peeing.

...wipe baby slobber/snot on her own shirt so that the baby stays dry and warm.

...make shadows on the floor for the baby to watch while she plays a game with her oldest child.

...allow her middle child to crawl into her bed at night and warm his cold feet between her legs, making her cold.

All of the above have happened to me in the last 24 hours. Looking back I can't believe how much becoming a mother has changed me these last almost 5 years. I love my job as mom and wife.

Last night after we put the kids to bed and we were sure they were sleeping J and I wrapped all of their presents. It was so much fun and it took us 2 hours to get them all wrapped!!! I can't wait to see their faces on Christmas morning and knowing they truly know the meaning of Christmas as Jesus' birthday. J and GG had a conversation about why people say Happy Holiday. So GlamorGirl now only says Merry Christmas.

No comments: