Monday, December 19, 2005

Sea Monkeys!

As I sit here typing I have the youngest member of our family on my lap sporting a Mohawk compliments of daddy. Ever since we stayed at the hotel and went swimming J thinks that Red needs a Mohawk. He listened to me yesterday and didn't give him one before church so I am grateful for that!!! Christmas in our house is really a season and not just a day. On Saturday the kids got their first gifts of the *season* and they have enjoyed playing with them. I got a gift of sea monkeys along with my sister-in-law and Aunt. So the kids have wanted to *play* the sea monkey game not really understanding that they are pets. Today we opened the box and started the process of raising sea monkeys I never knew how much work went into these things. The funny part is that Monkey stood at the counter for about 30 minutes before he believed us that we were going to have the sea monkeys tomorrow. He didn't want to miss anything! The nice thing about having a big family is the fact that we can space the presents out. We are going to my dad's on the 24th to exchange gifts, then we celebrate Jesus' birthday on Christmas day, then J's family on the 29th and then with my brother and his family the beginning of Jan. Should be fun we are going to be making birthday cake on the 22nd as a family. I love Christmas and what it means!!!
Update: On Red he can now roll both ways and right now is in the living room where I am watching him try and get on his hands and knees. I had to put him down because he was getting to wiggly. He loves when I sing the itsy bitsy spider song but at the end instead of saying "And the itsy bitsy spider went up the spout again." We say, "And the itsy bitsy spider got Red." As we tickle him and he gets so excited right before he gets tickled. He knows its coming :)

No comments: