Thursday, March 16, 2006

HELP!!!

Ok I have been doing laundry for about 10 years now. This is the first time I can't get a stain out. I don't even know how this happened because I check all the pockets of shirts and pants even the kids. What happened was a pen somehow got into the laundry and now all of our clothes in that load have black ink on them. I have managed to get a few spots out on one of GG's shirts using Zout. I have soaked the clothes in warm/hot water to try and loosen the stain and then scrubbed it. I also have tried rubbing alcohol like all the websites have said but that only makes it worse. So I am asking anyone with laundry experience especially in the area of ink...HOW DID YOU OR DO YOU GET IT OUT. I really don't want to go out and buy new clothes because it ruined 2 of my shirts (one which was brand new only worn twice)and 2 of my jeans and 2 of J's shirts, 2 of Monkey's shirts and a pair of his jeans, a nice dress GG got for her birthday and 3 shirts of Red's and a pair of his jeans and a few socks which I am not really worried about. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

On a happier note: Last night we met my dad and step-mom for dinner so they could give me their address book. When ever Roberta asked Red a question or even thought about talking to him he would shack his little head "no". It was really funny, such a little stinker! But you gotta love him.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tonya
Is it ballpoint pen ink or felt tip ink? I have a stain removal chart I got when I bought my washer & dryer and I can tell you what it says. Both treatments are rather lengthy. Let me know.
Julie

Tonya said...

It is the normal ball point. Someone say use hair spray (which I don't own) but the clothes have already been dried. That would be great if you could let me know!

Anonymous said...

According to the chart...Sponge stain with rubbing alcohol or spray with pretreat product or hair spray until wet looking. Rinse thoroughly. Pretreat stain and launder with hottest water safe for fabric...I'd say if it's already been dried it might be too late but try it anyway. Good luck!

Tonya said...

Yay! Julie the stains came out!!! I was so surprised and excited. I used hair spray and then pretreated with oxyclean and then washed them. Just thought I would let you know :)