Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Interesting day

After Bible study, Red and I went to his doctor's appointment. I actually remembered today!!! He is quite a big boy weighing in at 19 lbs and 14 oz and he is 29 inches long. He has an appointment to get allergy tested in April so we'll see what happens with that. J got the kids from school so our normal routine was shot but I somehow managed to get it back on track. We were able to make handprint paperweights after the boys' naps and while they were cooking I let the kids finger paint on the glass sliding door. They thought that was the best thing in the world. Then straight to the bath they went and so I got that out of the way for the night. Plus, we got to eat dinner in our PJs they thought that was so cool that we should make dinner in PJs the norm. We read stories before I made dinner, which was a disaster. The kids didn't like the food that they begged me to make. Go figure! GG stabbed me with a fork...I was picking up her food to throw away because she wasn't eating it...and she tried to stop me (acting like she was going to eat it) but had the fork in her hand and so she got me. I'm not a big fan of making a kid eat something they don't like, that happened to me as a kid and I usually gagged myself until I threw up. She wanted to eat it because she wanted ice cream, not because she liked it. Red kicked over my ice cream bowl and it went all over the floor. So between the paint and ice cream spills we now have a very clean dining room floor. I was going to mop tomorrow anyway :) I needed a little down time so the two older kids are cleaning their rooms before bed in 30 minutes!!! So we had a really fun day and then a really interesting dinner.

No comments: