Sunday, June 15, 2003

I have had the best Father's Day ever! But first Happy Father's Day to all the fathers that read this! We got up this morning and went to church. Then a nice family at the church invited us to a picnic at Argyle State Park. That was great because we need groceries. We left from the Park to come home and change into our bathing suites to go to the Father's Day pool party. Monkey was very unsure of the water. It took him a good 20 minutes to let us put him in the pool all the way. I felt so bad for him. GG of course went wild. So wild that she lost her footing in the first minute and went under water. She didn't jump again in the pool. Just as we were about to leave they had a question for mothers to win a prize it was such an easy question it was what does NFL stand for. I got the prize. A part of it was a free pizza. So we had that for dinner! I didn't have to cook all day :) Then we played at the park as a family and took a walk together. Tonight the kids and I took a bath to get the pool water off of us. Now we are ready for bed. Oh yeah we were so busy today that GG didn't have a nap. I hope she goes to bed and stays asleep. I have noticed the days she doesn't take naps she sleeps bad at night. I know Monkey will go to sleep as soon as I nurse him so I am off to do that. One last thing. GG was the cutest this morning. The first thing she said was, "Good morning, Daddy. Happy Father's Day. Did you get my present?" She made him a card yesterday and I told her that tomorrow we were going to church and it would be Father's Day and that was the only thing I said about it. I couldn't believe she remembered. Just goes to show how much they soak up and retain!

No comments: