Saturday, January 07, 2006

Birthday Mania

From the time we got up this morning until about 5 minutes ago when I put the kids to bed we have been doing things for GlamorGirl's 5th birthday party or playing with her new presents. Her party was from 1-3pm today at the school. When we got up and ready this morning Monkey and I went to get some last minute preparations plus Monkey picked GG out a gift from him. He got her a sponge Bob puzzle with 100 pieces. She had a blast at her party and received some wonderful new things. Among the gifts were but this is not everything or even close to being everything she received...a Cinderella dress up dress, Crocodile Dentist game, play make-up, Cinderella felt book, clothes (all very cute) and many many puzzles. About the puzzles J and I were talking about what we were going to get her for her birthday and I suggested to J spelled out so GG wouldn't know what it was P.u.z.z.l.e she had this thinking face on and says, "I know what that is...PUZZLE!" I couldn't believe it the little stinker sounded it out. I guess spelling things out, so the kids don't know what we are talking about, around GG is over. After the party and clean up we came back to the house (with friends from out of town) and GG built the puzzle (51 pieces) of the United States that J and I got her and she didn't need any help which I was surprised because it wasn't a normal puzzle where the pieces fit into each other it had a boarder and an empty middle in the shape of the US and each state was it's own piece except for the really small states, they got lumped together with another state or two. Then we played the crocodile game about a million times they loved it. Then she wanted to build the puzzle Monkey got her and I thought she might have difficulty with that one as well because it was 100 pieces but she did it all by herself! She has to take after me because J does not like puzzles but I love them. Then for bedtime stories we read her new books she got and played another game. Needless to say, we had a very fun filled and busy day. GG's real birthday isn't for another 10 days but J had today off and that is why it was early. On the actual day she is bringing in ice cream sandwiches for a treat and then we are going to Dinorex for lunch. Plus, all the other things we do to make her day special :)

No comments: