Thursday, January 05, 2006

Trip to the Dentist

The kids didn't go to school this morning because we had a dentist appointment. It was Monkey's first time getting his teeth cleaned and I must say he did a great job. He did keep asking if it was going to hurt and the nurse who cleaned his teeth was very patient and kind with him. I stayed with him while he was being worked on and GlamorGirl was in the room with J while he got his teeth cleaned. Then it was my turn and I needed to get a full set of x-rays done. That was horrible. They took 18 shots of my teeth. Six on each side of my mouth and three on the top front and three on the bottom front. By the time my teeth were done being x-rayed GG was done and she wanted to watch me get my teeth cleaned and of course I said, "Sure!" Well let me tell you I think that was a big mistake. Here I am on the chair with my mouth wide open and the nurse has her hands in my mouth cleaning my teeth. GG is standing right next to the chair and I bet she couldn't get any closer to my mouth with her face if she tried. She was so interested in seeing what the nurse was doing. It was really kind of funny. Then the nurse was polishing my teeth and she took her foot off of the pedal, that makes the brush spin, to get more polish on the brush. All of a sudden we hear the brush going and the polish is flying all over the room. GG had stepped on the pedal making it spin when it wasn't in my mouth! It took us a few seconds to figure it was her. Then after the nurse was done the dentist came in the room and GG stepped on it again. At least the second time there was nothing on the brush to do any harm. As far as I know none of us had any cavities...that is always great news. When I was growing up whenever we went to the dentist we always went out to eat afterwards either at a restaurant with our dentist or to eat back at the dentist's house. He and my dad wrestled together in high school so they were pretty good friends, hints the reason we would go back to his house after our appointments :)

No comments: