Thursday, January 26, 2006

Our day

Oh my goodness I was not happy with GG this morning. She woke up at 6am wanting to watch tv, I told her to go back to bed because she had another 1 1/2 to sleep before we needed to get up and get ready for school. Of course, she didn't go back to bed but started playing with her polly pockets. Now it wouldn't be such a big deal, but today is a really long day for a girl who normally goes to be at 7:30 at the latest, she has Cubbies tonight and that doesn't end until 8:30. I told her that after school she was going to have to take a nap...guess how long it took her to finally "let herself" fall asleep? I say "let herself" because she was completely fighting it. I put her down at 1 and she went to sleep at 3, yes 2 hours she laid in her bed calling out and telling me she had already slept. For some reason she thinks that she can take a nap for 10 minutes! I haven't made her take a nap in almost a year now, she does normally have to take rests on Thursdays but since she was up so early I *made* her take one. Her Cubbie leaders will thank me. So it is now after 4 and she hasn't even started her homework and she is sleeping right now. After I post I am going to go wake her up and have her do the homework which will take all the time before dinner. That is ok tonight because we are having a pot roast so I can work with her and not have to be doing other things...and J is home to tend to the boys. Monkey and I just got done playing Mr. Mouth, it is a really cute game the kids got for Christmas, J took Red to the movie store for some Daddy and Red time so I got out some playdough for Monkey so I could update. I love listening to him play and his imagination! Speaking of Monkey he did the funniest thing the other day. We had gone to the store and one of the things we got was toilet paper. J asked him to take it to the bathroom and just set it down. Well a few minutes later I went into the bathroom and I opened the cabinet to get a new roll out because one was needed. It looked like someone had just thrown the rolls into the cabinet. So I asked J if he had asked one of the kids to put it away. He said, "No, Why?" I then told him what I had seen in the cabinet and he then told me he had asked Monkey to put the toilet paper into the bathroom. I asked Monkey if he put it away and he said, "Yes, but my arm was getting tired. So I didn't put it all in there." I had to try really hard to control my laughter...his arm was tired from whipping the toilet paper rolls into the cabinet! I guess that is one way to put them away :)

No comments: